Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) is offline

Default Toilet leak

Yes that is awful stuff, and watch out for old stock which is pointless.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"alan_m" wrote in message
On 08/01/2020 21:05, Nick Odell wrote:
Last time I had to deal with a toilet that had developed a leak
between the pan and the soil pipe I used some open-mesh fabric about
2" wide which had been impregnated with a goopy, non-drying substance
which wrapped around the joint area and sealed it up beautifully. That
was years and years ago and I can't remember what it was.

Denso tape?