Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John Robertson John Robertson is offline

Default Watch this: video Amazon energy saving

On 2020/01/08 11:41 a.m., Chuck wrote:
On Wed, 8 Jan 2020 10:45:20 -0800, John Robertson
wrote:

On 2020/01/08 8:50 a.m., wrote:
Nuclear is limited by political will, and by poorly executed installation parameters. Otherwise, it really would be too cheap to meter. Think "test sites in Nevada" when it comes to waste, and think "Fast breeder reactor" when it comes to new fuel. All established technologies that if installed in an appropriate scale would be entirely safe.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

The Canadian Shield has been rather stable (other than that nickle
meteor that created Inco - in Sudbury) for a billion years or so:

https://www.nrcresearchpress.com/doi...0.1139/y84-166

Also the remoteness makes it unlikely to be breached by our curious
descendants in the far off future...or current idiots.

https://www.thecanadianencyclopedia....article/shield

John :-#)#

John,
Were you ever in Sudbury before Inco installed the strato-towers?
There was only bedrock for miles in every direction. No lawns , no
trees, no vegetation of any kind. I had never heard of Sudbury so I
wondered what the hell was going on as I drove in on 17 from the east.
The locals filled me in. I was shocked that Canada would allow such
ecological degradation. After the towers were installed, the fumes
drifted into New York state and caused dead lakes. Chuck

I think those stacks were added back in the 60s...and I remember reading
about the devastation that the people of Sudbury enjoyed from their main
employer.

In some respects it was only fair to ship the pollution further as both
Canadians and Americans had the benefit of "The Big Nickle" and both
should pay the price. And (as far as I know) Inco was forced to clean up
their act because of all that pollution because it turned out that the
rest of Canada and the US didn't care for all that crap!

John :-#)#