Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) is offline

Default Flavel Caress HE gas fire?

Yes I think common sense is in order, but I was always a bit timid around
gas devices. For a start there always did seem to be a residue of the gas
smell in the house even when the powers that be passed it all as good. Since
I got rid of Gas completely no more smell.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
newsp.0d28rfs3wdg98l@glass...
On Wed, 09 Oct 2019 16:46:52 +0100, charles
wrote:

In article ,
Gareth's was W7 now W10 Downstairs Computer
wrote:
On 09/10/2019 03:57, Cynic wrote:
Probably has an oxygen depletion sensing thermocouple assembly. Try
cleaning it as a first step. Do you still have the installation and
service manual that came with the fire?

Yes, I have the manual but I'm not legally qualified to tamper with
any part of the gas system.

if it's your own, you may - it's only when you charge someone for your
services that a qualificxation comes into it.

I was told I'm not supposed to move/replace my gas piping (as in the
supply line between the meter and the boiler/fire/cooker) in my own house
(which I obviously ignored).