Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fuses - again

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 29/12/2019 14:52, John Rumm wrote:

I appreciate that motors have a surge at the start. I believe a 50%
margin should be added generally (more for a motor).

Depends on the motor, inrush on some induction motors can be 9x nominal.

In general the better the motor efficiency the worse is the surge.

10x is easily achievable wioth 'good' motors.

cheap chinese motors used in e.g. car window winders are deliberately
pants to that they can be stalled without burning out wires or fuses.

Interesting take. Designing something so it works properly in practice
makes it pants?

-

--
*I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.