Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default Inkjet print a good indicator of adequate levels for a Bootsphotoprint?

On 07/01/2020 12:19, Mike Halmarack wrote:
On Wed, 1 Jan 2020 14:12:32 +0000, Martin Brown

That is down to calibrating the monitor you happen to have against the
output of your particular printer. Going from RGB additive colour space
on a monitor to CMYK subtractive colour space on a print medium
invariably means some level of compromise. Print media cannot cover the
same dynamic range as a monitor can so you have to set things up right.

First get it so that a neutral grey scale looks OK on both and then do
the same for the primary RGB and CMY colours and you are home and dry.

It is usually enough to sort out the gamma correction on the monitor as
has already been described to you multiple times.

I really apreciate the suggestions that have been made and am applying
them as best I can.
At the moment I have an old LG TV as a main monitor and I can't help
thinking this is not a great place to be starting from.

A fairly good place is your nearest JoHn Lewis. Mine has a
collection of clearance items including a decent 22 inch IPS
HP monitor.