Posted to uk.d-i-y
Kevin H[_2_] Kevin H[_2_] is offline

Default Small, surface mount, LED panels - do they exist?

On Tuesday, 7 January 2020 09:18:04 UTC, Chris Green wrote:
Kevin H wrote:
On Monday, 6 January 2020 11:33:05 UTC, Chris Green wrote:
I'm after a small, preferably rectangular, surface mounting LED panel
to provide some light in the corner of a room. It will be mounted on
a sloping ceiling (not terribly relevant really).

I want something of the order of 500 lumens, less than 1000 anyway.
All the surface mount panels I can see (from Screwfix, Toolstation
etc.) are much larger and brighter.

Does anyone make small ones or will I have to go recessed (which I'd
rather not as it's more difficult to undo if we don't like it).

Not sure how small you need the light to be. How about under (kitchen)
cabinet lighting? This one from Ikea https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/stroeml...hite-90333995/
is 20x7cm and 6mm thick.

Yes! That's just the sort of thing, thank you. It wouldn't show up
as a panel of course which is why I haven't found anything like that.

--
Chris Green
ยท

I have these in the kitchen and I'm very pleased with them. Reasonably warm colour as well (i.e. not the cold hard white you can sometimes get with LEDs). Dimmable as well remotely with the right power adapter.