Art

Default Need help with wood siding issue

Good job perhaps for one of those trim saws used by flooring guys so they
can slide the flooring under the trim around the door. I think they are
fairly cheap.

"Me" wrote in message
om...
I ran into a bit of a problem removing siding today. I was attempting
to remove a 4 foot section of wood siding and after removing nails all
the way up to the edge of the soffit, discovered the piece was still
attached. Apparently it is nailed above the soffit. I have not seen
this mentioned in any material I have read to prepare for this job,
and now I am wondering what to do.

I really don't want to go through the trouble of removing the soffit,
and the only thing I can think of is using some kind of saw to cut
along the edge of the soffit. Then I could butt the siding up against
the other, which would be under a trim piece anyway.

Any thoughts?