Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Safe working

"Jethro_uk" wrote in message
Nearly 10 years ago, we paid (went halves with the neighbour) to have two
pretty hefty willow trees removed. The outfit that did it had harnesses,
full face (like welders) protection, and stopped a few times to clean out
the chainsaw.

A few months later the house across the road had a tree lopped, and the
man+dog operation were up and down ladders, no harness, no face
protection (just goggles) and swinging the chainsaw around like a
cheerleaders baton.

Sometimes you just can't watch.

One of my neighbours got his massive great palm trees removed.
The bugger that removed them had nothing but the chainsaw on
a rope, spiked boots and another rope that went around the trunk
of the tree. Fascinating to watch.