Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) is offline

Default Cabinet and damp

Well even my old one with epoxy impregnated chipboard and parts made from
Marine plywood is beginning to go and have had to hide the ragged edges with
plastic angles.

I like under the basin units but eventually they all succumb to the ingress
of the wet stuff in some form. What really does annoy me is that some years
down the road and you want to replace like with like, you cannot as the
sizes and designs alter it becomes a nightmare due to the matching of tiles
and colours and size of basin and plumbing and and..
grr.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"John" Not.responding.@dotcom wrote in message
2.222...
Against better jusdgement I sucumbed to instructions to have a wall
mounted
cabinet under the wash basin in the bathroom.

Already there are signs of the laminate lifting at the bottom edge due to
the carcase swelling.

Any ideas to prevent this getting worse?