Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Reay[_6_] Brian Reay[_6_] is offline

Default angle grinders

It would be interesting to find out the failure in the b/D one, they usually
do good motors on their stuff.
Brian

I think, for DIY use, B&D are generally fine. I've still got my first
basis B&D drill (single speed etc) which I use for some things. I bought
a more robust one with hammer action one (I think from Wickes) which
must be 30+ years old and is still going.

One of their sanders recently failed- not the motor, a plastic gear
dubrey shattered after 30+ years. I confess I didn't even bother
stripping it down- I'm looking for a replacement. Likewise, the blade
holder on a jigsaw (maybe 25 years old) recently failed. I think I can
probably drill it out and retap the hole. The metal seems to be very soft.