Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Reay[_6_] Brian Reay[_6_] is offline

Default angle grinders

fred wrote:
The Black and Decker "Professional" 240v 115mm angle grinder just died

Question is, are the 18v cordless up to snuff?

I'm thinking Bosch as I have other 18v Bosch equipment with which I am
happy, with the exception of their 18v vacuum which isn't worth a
tinker's curse. Really and truly Bosch should be deeply ashamed to have
put their name on such a piece of rubbish.

Anyway are the 18v cordless angle grinders any good? I only use an angle
grinder very occasionally.

Generally Id saw go for a mains beast.

While rechargeable batteries have improved dramatically, unless you use the
tools regularly and keep them charged etc, chances are ( at best) you will
find it is discharged when you need it or you end up killing it. Plus,
replacement batteries seem to be silly money- I had a drill with a duff
battery and it was almost the same price for a replacement drill with
battery as just a battery.

Cordless tools do have their uses of course but if mains is available use
it.