Posted to rec.woodworking

Default The trip and Hartland Hardware !!!!!!

On Sat, 4 Jan 2020 09:45:45 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

On 1/3/2020 11:51 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 3 Jan 2020 08:50:47 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

On 1/2/2020 10:58 PM,
wrote:
On Thu, 2 Jan 2020 15:08:06 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

On 1/1/2020 1:32 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Wednesday, January 1, 2020 at 2:16:48 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
So.... my wife and I just got back from our "oblgation" trip, 12 days on
the road.

Day 1 From the Houston area we stopped in West Memphis AR.

Day 2 On to Terra Haute IN.

Day 3 On to Elkhart IN and stayed 3 nights. Visited the RV museum,
train museum and my wife's brother and his family.

Day 6 On to North Canton, OH. Stayed 3 nights and visited out daughter
in-law's parents and brothers/ sisters, and nephew.

AND We visited Hartville Hardware again. WOW this place is like 3 HD,
Lowes and or Menards put together. The tool section beats any tool
store that I have ever been in. They stock a pretty much complete line
of Shaper Orion, Saw Stop, King, Festool, Jet, Rikon, Powermatic,
Makita, Milwaukee, DeWalt, and probably a load of other brands of hand
tools. To top it all of they have the longest extension ladder I have
ever seen, 60 feet long and hanging from the ceiling all extended.
Absolutely worth a look if you are in the Akron area.

Day 9 On to Paduka KY.

Day 10 On to Bentonville AR.

Day 11 On to Piedmont OK. More relatives.

Day 13 On to H O M E yeah!!!!!

That concluded our 3477 mile trip.

BTY we need Menards down here in Houston, Hartville Hardware is probably
too much to hope for. :-)

Happy New Year!!!!!

12 days, 3500 miles and more words about a hardware store than the rest of
the entire trip. No doubt about where *your* interests lie. ;-)

Glad you had fun. Happy New Year!

LOL, I feel it was an obligation trip. ;~) But the new F150 was a
dream.....

My older ('13) F150 runs like a dream too but we took SWMBO's '19
Mustang to Vermont in October. Good thing because I had a seizure
while we were there (day before we were supposed to leave) and she had
to drive the entire trip home. I can't drive until mid-April,
assuming nothing else happens. :-( :-(

Well that sucks. ;~( So the dream part was the massaging seats,
adaptive cruise control, and relatively good gas mileage.
Hope your episode was a one time event.

Yeah, it sucks big time but I'll get through it, as long as it is a
one-time event.

The Mustang gets surprisingly low gas mileage (under 30) but it is a
heavy car for its size. Nice car, though.

With the 5.0 V8 and driving the speed limit, mostly 70 mph I got a legit
19 mpg. That is actual miles divided by gallons to fill. Not the
inflated amount that the vehicle computer calculated.

My '13 F150 (same engine) gets between 18 and 19 at 70(ish). It's not
too much different on the road or around town.

I heard that the Eco boost V6 gets worse gas mileage. Not enough cubic
inches to hold 70 with out the turbo kicking in.

The Mustang has the 4cyl Eco boost with a 10-speed automatic
transmission.