Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default The trip and Hartland Hardware !!!!!!

On 1/3/2020 11:51 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 3 Jan 2020 08:50:47 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

On 1/2/2020 10:58 PM,
wrote:
On Thu, 2 Jan 2020 15:08:06 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

On 1/1/2020 1:32 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Wednesday, January 1, 2020 at 2:16:48 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
So.... my wife and I just got back from our "oblgation" trip, 12 days on
the road.

Day 1 From the Houston area we stopped in West Memphis AR.

Day 2 On to Terra Haute IN.

Day 3 On to Elkhart IN and stayed 3 nights. Visited the RV museum,
train museum and my wife's brother and his family.

Day 6 On to North Canton, OH. Stayed 3 nights and visited out daughter
in-law's parents and brothers/ sisters, and nephew.

AND We visited Hartville Hardware again. WOW this place is like 3 HD,
Lowes and or Menards put together. The tool section beats any tool
store that I have ever been in. They stock a pretty much complete line
of Shaper Orion, Saw Stop, King, Festool, Jet, Rikon, Powermatic,
Makita, Milwaukee, DeWalt, and probably a load of other brands of hand
tools. To top it all of they have the longest extension ladder I have
ever seen, 60 feet long and hanging from the ceiling all extended.
Absolutely worth a look if you are in the Akron area.

Day 9 On to Paduka KY.

Day 10 On to Bentonville AR.

Day 11 On to Piedmont OK. More relatives.

Day 13 On to H O M E yeah!!!!!

That concluded our 3477 mile trip.

BTY we need Menards down here in Houston, Hartville Hardware is probably
too much to hope for. :-)

Happy New Year!!!!!

12 days, 3500 miles and more words about a hardware store than the rest of
the entire trip. No doubt about where *your* interests lie. ;-)

Glad you had fun. Happy New Year!

LOL, I feel it was an obligation trip. ;~) But the new F150 was a
dream.....

My older ('13) F150 runs like a dream too but we took SWMBO's '19
Mustang to Vermont in October. Good thing because I had a seizure
while we were there (day before we were supposed to leave) and she had
to drive the entire trip home. I can't drive until mid-April,
assuming nothing else happens. :-( :-(

Well that sucks. ;~( So the dream part was the massaging seats,
adaptive cruise control, and relatively good gas mileage.
Hope your episode was a one time event.

Yeah, it sucks big time but I'll get through it, as long as it is a
one-time event.

The Mustang gets surprisingly low gas mileage (under 30) but it is a
heavy car for its size. Nice car, though.

With the 5.0 V8 and driving the speed limit, mostly 70 mph I got a legit
19 mpg. That is actual miles divided by gallons to fill. Not the
inflated amount that the vehicle computer calculated.

I heard that the Eco boost V6 gets worse gas mileage. Not enough cubic
inches to hold 70 with out the turbo kicking in.