Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] bruce2bowser@gmail.com is offline

Default Watch this: video Amazon energy saving

On Thursday, January 2, 2020 at 10:24:11 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Yikes!

Against stupidity the very gods themselves contend in vain.

Schiller

When will you understand that there is no effective payback on Solar unless:

a) You have a 'free' source of original funding.
b) There are no peripheral costs to the installation.

Why:

a) TVM at 3.5% makes the linear payback over 26 years at $0.14/KWH in 2020 dollars. That is beyond the expected service life (80% of nameplate) of a solar panel. 3.5% is an optimistic interest rate for a project of this type.
b) The lifetime cost of a solar panel exceeds the amount of energy it produces. Again, from production of raw materials to disposition of the exhausted panel.
c) Government subsidies are an outright theft of taxpayer money. Perhaps not as egregious as the F35 fighter, but close enough.

I choose not to steal from you via a subsidy for an already marginal system. Or are you OK with me picking your pocket?

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

He convince this person that they aren't recouping after the first 8 years:

"At 8 years, I have recouped the actual cost of the installation/purchase, so the next 8 years are 'free', in a manner of speaking. "

Quora - How does solar panel wear out?
-- https://tch861725.tch.www.quora.com/...panel-wear-out