Chris Eller

Default 220V question

Doug Miller wrote:
In article , Chris Eller wrote:

Something that may make this a moot point; mt main electrical box has bonded
neutral and ground bus-bars. So, any improvements I make up the line won't
really help as the box is old design. Probably have to replace the box as
well.

An I on target here?

No. Your main panel is just fine. The NEC *requires* the ground and neutral
bars to be bonded at the main panel, and *prohibits* *any* connection between
ground and neutral anywhere else.

Definitely good to know. What I really need to do is take a few classes and
learn to not only read, but _understand_ the NEC.

As I understand it, the NEC changed the bonded N and G around the time my home
was built (1965), so somehow my stove was wired up with three conductor:
H,H,N/G. Would you say that running a new 4-conductor (H,H,N,G) line to the
stove would be beneficial? I certainly think it would be an improvement, but
is it necessary?

Thanks,
Chris