Posted to rec.woodworking

Default The trip and Hartland Hardware !!!!!!

On Thu, 2 Jan 2020 16:14:42 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

On 1/2/2020 3:37 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet writes:
In case some of you have not seen or visited Hartville Hardware,

https://www.hartvillehardware.com/

Most of the good old hardware stores are going away. This was
one of my favorites when I was in the area:

https://www.toolsofthetrade.net/powe...-in-business_o

I actually ordered an out feed table from 7 Corners about 6 years ago.

FWIW the Hartville hardware compound is owned by the Amish. Service was
stellar.

Not surprising. When we lived in Kent, OH, we shopped at a lot of the
Amish furniture stores/makers. We bought our dining room and bedroom
sets there, and a king sized quilt to go along with it. All very nice
people. Interestingly, many had electric lights and power tools, and
even a web site. I asked about this and they were very gracious,
explaining that business is business and personal comfort is an
entirely different thing. Even so, the store and shop (the owner gave
me a tour) had their own generators. They were completely off-grid. A
few other stores had gas lights (rather hot during the summers).