Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default The trip and Hartland Hardware !!!!!!

On Thursday, January 2, 2020 at 4:16:52 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
On 1/2/2020 7:43 AM, G Ross wrote:
Puckdropper wrote:
Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in news:1cCdnfpQH6KFbZHDnZ2dnUU7-
:

So.... my wife and I just got back from our "oblgation" trip, 12 days on
the road.

Day 1Â* From the Houston area we stopped in West Memphis AR.

You're getting close to Lambert's in Sikeston, but it's probably a good
detour if you're on the way to Indiana.

Day 10 On to Bentonville AR.

Walmart museum?

Not a bad place to spend a few hours.

Puckdropper

Never heard of the WalMart museum, butÂ* was in Bentonville when WalMart
was just starting to expand and went in the original store. It was a
tiny store, dark and dingy, with narrow aisles and stuff stacked 9 ft high.

Heck I used to go to the original Whataburger in Corpus Christi. Small
is a good description, you ordered outside and was handed your order
outside.

https://whataburger.com/home

The drive home to western NY from the annual championship Soap Box Derby
races in Akron always included a stop at Quaker Steak and Lube in Erie, PA,
just a block or so off I-90.

One year we took a day away from Derby Downs and drove to the original Quaker
Steak and Lube in Sharon PA. Nothing like the humongous franchises seen
elsewhere.

https://thelube.com/locations/pennsy...iginal-sharon/