Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default New Boiler - Recomendations

On 31/12/2019 22:13, wrote:
On Tuesday, 31 December 2019 14:51:30 UTC, John Rumm wrote:
On 31/12/2019 02:25, tabbypurr wrote:
On Sunday, 29 December 2019 16:48:17 UTC, The Marquis Saint Evremonde
wrote:
John Rumm posted
On 28/12/2019 17:16, The Marquis Saint Evremonde wrote:
T i m posted

Talking to a heating engineer the other day he didn't seem to
be too impressed with Vaillant.
Nor am I. We had one installed a few months ago and it is
bloody awful. The software appears to be rigged to make the
thing heat the place up as slowly as possible, and no amount
of fiddling with the settings will remedy it.

In which case, it sounds like the installer has not set it up
correctly. There is no reason it should take any longer to heat
the place than any other boiler of comparable power.

Only that the design makes it do so, apparently regardless of any
of the d-register settings. A bit of googling shows that this is a
very common complaint about Ecotec 600 series models.

Surely if it won't run at its manufacturer described power it's
either faulty or not as described.

There are external factors that can cause boilers to do such things
of course, but since your primary cct is running at such a low temp,
poor flow does not appear to be the cause.

Too much bypass flow would do it - the boiler would modulate right down
to try and not exceed the set point flow temperature.

IIRC the water was returning to the boiler way below temp.
I know the Vaillant 4 series can be set to limit P_out to any velue in its range, I presume the 6 series can too.

Yup you can limit max power out, and the modulation range is quite broad
as well.

--
Cheers,

John.