Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Trevor Wilson[_4_] Trevor Wilson[_4_] is offline

Default More about that Chinese amp

On 2/01/2020 8:45 am, Fox's Mercantile wrote:
On 1/1/20 3:33 PM, Trevor Wilson wrote:
**Good for you. Call a spade a spade and stop encouraging people to
persevere with cheap, ****ty, Chinese tube amps. In fact, there is no
sane reason to use ANY tube amp in a quality hi fi system.

Ya know, not everyone gives a rat's ass about having a "quality hi fi
system."

**Have you been reading the thread? The original poster is trying to
repair a cheap, ****ty, Chinese tube amp. There is no case that can be
presented to suggest that such an amplifier makes any kind of sense in a
system. ANY system. A cheap SS amp will cost less and provide superior
performance and reliability. Such an amp may not provide the same pride
of ownership though.

There are those of us that might be able to tell the difference, but
choose our "cheap piece of ****" system to listen to instead. Solid
State or tube.

**Sure. I use such a system for my TV listening. However, just a single,
decent quality, output transformer for a tube amp can easily cost more
than an entire, decent quality SS amp.

Because to us, at the end of the day, it's just something to listen
to, not have some religious experience.

**Again: Read the thread.

--
Trevor Wilson