Posted to uk.d-i-y
Max Demian Max Demian is offline

Default Windows 10 question (login)

On 01/01/2020 14:52, Scott wrote:
On Wed, 1 Jan 2020 14:09:22 +0000, Michael Chare
wrote:

On 01/01/2020 11:14, Scott wrote:
Happy New Year

I'm asking the question here as I am fearful to ask in the W10 group
as I may not understand the answer :-)

I was persuaded by Microsoft to change to a PIN rather than a password
to log in (supposedly more secure). In my User account I still have
the option of PIN or password, which seems to me a less secure
position. How do I remove the password and make login by PIN only?
Does this require administrator rights?

I use www.tenforums.com for such questions. If you don't understand the
answer you could always post it hear.

Will try there.

If you don't have adminstrator
rights it would make me think that you might be using a work PC.

No. I have five accounts on my home PC. One is administrator. I
also have user accounts for myself and others. I understood it was
bad practice to run as an administrator all the time.

I have never used a Pin to log in to W10.

Me neither until yesterday when I discovered this is recommended by
Microsoft.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...-than-password

It's confusing to continue to call it a PIN if it doesn't have to be a
number. Why not "local password" or similar?

--
Max Demian