Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Inkjet print a good indicator of adequate levels for a Bootsphotoprint?

On 20/12/2019 15:35, Mike Halmarack wrote:
On Fri, 20 Dec 2019 06:37:40 -0800 (PST), whisky-dave
wrote:

On Friday, 20 December 2019 13:01:51 UTC, Mike Halmarack wrote:
On Thu, 19 Dec 2019 14:02:11 +0000, Andrew
wrote:

You can get a really good 24 inch IPS monitor for under £100
at Novatech in Portsmouth (see web site). IPS is best for
accurate colour reproduction.

Unless you spend oodles on an OLED tv, most tv's are never
going to be as good as a proper monitor. Some older panasonic
tvs used IPS panels. Finding out what type of panel is used by
a modern tv (TN, VA, MVA, IPS, PLS) requires a lot of detective
work. Only LG TVs are definate IPS users because they are the
largest manufacturer of IPS panels.

What about this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-32MP58HQ...01AWG5RDG&th=1

--

Mike

It won't improve your print quality which is what I thought you
wanted.

Not directly for sure, but maybe with a monitor that's capable of
better colour settings and calibration, I might get the screen image
and the finished print closer in similarity.

That is down to calibrating the monitor you happen to have against the
output of your particular printer. Going from RGB additive colour space
on a monitor to CMYK subtractive colour space on a print medium
invariably means some level of compromise. Print media cannot cover the
same dynamic range as a monitor can so you have to set things up right.

First get it so that a neutral grey scale looks OK on both and then do
the same for the primary RGB and CMY colours and you are home and dry.

It is usually enough to sort out the gamma correction on the monitor as
has already been described to you multiple times.

If I watch usain bolt on this monitor will I be able to win agaisnt
him in he 100m ?

Well yes, if he didn't turn up.

If I watch masterchef on it will I be a better cook ?

No need, I already do a superb beans on toast.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown