Posted to uk.d-i-y
John John is offline

Default Hmm, bulb dilemma

Tim+ wrote in

:

ARW wrote:
On 31/12/2019 16:40, Tim+ wrote:
I "rescued" this bulb from a blown over and broken street lamp.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/5FrDrce6SbGXhKQs8

I suspect it's not gonna work plugged into a standard ES socket.
Any creative suggestions as to what to do with it? ;-)

I think you mean €śrescue€ť, not steal. ;-)

A socket set will open up the metal
cover.

Alas not possible I was exaggerated a little bit about the whole lamp
blowing over, it was only the lantern off he top that blew off.
Its also in a very public place for performing such rescues.
Itll almost certainly get replaced with an LED lamp so I suppose I
could ask the council nicely if they have any redundant control gear.
Any idea what I should ask for (exactly)?

Tim

I doubt that they would give it to you as it places a legal onus on them
then as a "Supplier" and if it blew up in your face then your surviving
family sould sue them.