Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterC PeterC is offline

Default Radiant Rings

The cooker has 4 spiral elements, 3x2kW and 1x1.2kW; the little one has
failed.
It seems easy to get a replacement (seem to 1.1kW now - and the others are
1.8kW - typical nowadays). On Ebay there's none on 'click and collect', so I
might have to be here for delivery and that's difficult for me.

Do electrical factors stock them? I've found only one and the price is 2 -
3x that on Ebay or UKwhitegoods.

Also, they're all crimp terminals (mine are screw) and I'm guessing that my
brass crimps aren't suitable for the temperature and possibly not for the
(nichrome?) wires. What sort of crimps would I need and would a manual tool
do the job?
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away