Posted to rec.woodworking
Puckdropper Puckdropper is offline

Default Self Service Saw at Menards

dpb wrote in :

And at least as far as W KS.
If there's one in the store in Garden City, I've not found it. Nor
have I seen one in any of the half-dozen or so others have been in on
occasion (albeit in some of those visits wouldn't have been where it
would have been anyway).

There's not one in TN according to current store locator on the web
site.

But they aren't Canadian company; it is privately held headquartered
in Eau Claire, WI.

My first guess would be corporate doesn't know about this one in this
particular store.

The sign was in Menard's normal style and colors, so I'm sure corporate
knows about this. Maybe they're trying it out here.

In terms of saws, the easiest and safest to operate is the compound miter
saw. The blade only moves in one arc, so it's easy to predict where the
blade goes and keep your fingers out.

Puckdropper