Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] rmlaws54@gmail.com is offline

Default New Boiler - Recomendations

On Saturday, 28 December 2019 14:28:38 UTC, David Wade wrote:
Folks,

For various reasons, I am reluctantly considering replacing my boiler.
As I only have a single shower/bath it looks like its going to be a
combi, but its going to have to go in a bedroom so I was worried about
the noise. My plumber has recommended an "Ideal" boiler as he says they
are good boilers and have a long guarantee. They seem to have good
reports on reliability and usability, and appear to be quiet.

Does any one have an Ideal Boiler and if so what do they think of them?

Dave

My advice is: buy something very common and easy to get serviced. We previously had an ATAG boiler, very fancy, stainless steel heatex, elaborate software, big modulation range, very expensive. We could never get it to behave as we wanted because it was so clever. Plus expensive parts. Service people typically had no experience of it.

Eventually we replaced it because it was so hard to find anyone to service it!