Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim GM4DHJ ... Jim GM4DHJ ... is offline

Default car people only please...

On 31/12/2019 11:46, Roger Mills wrote:
On 31/12/2019 11:27, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 31/12/2019 08:56, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Five years ago I got a PO130 code when the car was running rough so I
replaced the bank 1 sensor 1.....yesterday I got the engine management
light and got a PO135Â* code for the sensor ... so the heater in the
sensor has gone....car is running fine I assume this will be an MOT
failure even though the car is running fine.....why the hell do they
fit heaters to these sensors just to gain some minor emissions crap
until the engine has heated up ?...

update... cancelled the fault code and the engine management light
hasn't come back on...fingers crossed it stays off.....

It's not unusual to get erroneous error codes which don't come back once
cleared. I had quite a few on my previous car - Volvo V70 - some of
which looked serious, but never were.

good to hear ...thanks