Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default New Boiler - Recomendations

On Sunday, 29 December 2019 20:58:37 UTC, The Marquis Saint Evremonde wrote:
John Rumm posted
On 29/12/2019 16:42, The Marquis Saint Evremonde wrote:
John Rumm posted
On 28/12/2019 17:16, The Marquis Saint Evremonde wrote:
T i m posted

Talking to a heating engineer the other day he didn't seem to be too
impressed with Vaillant.
Â*Nor am I. We had one installed a few months ago and it is bloody
awful.Â* The software appears to be rigged to make the thing heat the
place up asÂ* slowly as possible, and no amount of fiddling with the
settings willÂ* remedy it.

In which case, it sounds like the installer has not set it up
correctly. There is no reason it should take any longer to heat the
place than any other boiler of comparable power.
Only that the design makes it do so,

That sounds unlikely[1], and more to the point does not concur with my
experience, I have had no problem with my 624 bringing 21 rads up to
flow temperature quickly and warming the house as required.

How did you manage it, then? All advice gratefully received.

The installer left the boiler on factory default settings. I don't blame
him. The manual is almost completely incomprehensible to me, and I've
got an electronics engineering degree.

apparently regardless of any of the d-register settings. A bit of
googling shows that this is a very common complaint about Ecotec 600
series models.

That I can believe - but that does not make it the boiler's fault.

It does make it Vaillant's fault, though. My previous boiler (Potterton
Kingfisher, basic analogue controls, no software) worked straight out of
the box. Heated the place - six-bedroom Victorian detached house - in
minutes.

However without far more information on the actual installation and the
controls in use, probably not much else can be said at this point.

I have 14 rads all on the same circuit, controlled by a single on/off
room thermostat. Separate 2-way valves for CH and HW. Towel rad
connected to the bypass circuit. Completely standard.

I've already tried most of the advice available on the Web re adjusting
d-registers. It didn't work.

In some installs boilers simply won't work passably on default settings.

NT