Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default New Boiler - Recomendations

On Sunday, 29 December 2019 19:57:16 UTC, David Wade wrote:
On 29/12/2019 18:27, newshound wrote:

That would be my guess too. Given that both "Which" and regular posters
here tend to put Vaillant and Worcester Bosch at the top of the pile
particularly for hardware.

I found the criteria Which use is somewhat unclear. They also don't
appear to have actually tested ANY boilers. They simply quote "Brand
Reliability" so how reliable a brand is overall. Of the Ideal they say...

Pros
Good reliability record and customers and engineers are fond of the brand.

Cons
No significant cons.

I also know when I read some of the other reviews(e.g. TVs) there are
aspects of their testing which strikes of "Political Correctness". I
have an LG which TV which is rated a "best buy" but it has a really
annoying "feature" where when you open the program guide the TV channel
stops playing instead of going to small screen like my LG... (which has
other grumbles)...

Dave

There are worse problems with Which reports, but is there a better survey out there?