Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Brentnall[_2_] Adrian Brentnall[_2_] is offline

Default Another Dyson question...

Oh groan!
This sounds a bit like the last question we had here, but without the
apparent battery recovery after a very short time on charge.
I guess this could be the battery connections being a bit restive or the
charger. What is needed is the specs and a source of the righted current
for the cleaner. Once it can be proven that the motor is working and not
causing a short, then one should I think strongly suspect the battery.
Brian

HI Brian..

Well - that's the funny part of it.

Of the original 'dodgy' Dyson, the only original parts now remaining are
the charger itself. It's got a new body (which includes the motor) and a
new battery - which is why I'm looking at the charger as being the
source of the problem..

It's got an inviting-looking 'barrel'-type plug on it - but, before I
try feeding the Dyson with a non-original source of volts and amps, I
was wondering if anybody knew what's inside the charger /wall-wart.
It has a LED that indicated when the Dyson is charged, so it's not a
simple as just a mains-to-dc PSU..

I'll probably wait until the replacement charger arrives in the new
year, and see what effect that has...
Thanks