Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default Boiler efficiency

In message ,
writes
On Sunday, 29 December 2019 13:01:26 UTC, Tim Lamb wrote:
Probably much covered but a fresh issue for me:-)

Viessman modulating system boiler. Reasonably well insulated house.

Underfloor heating controlled by 10 (yes 10) thermostats and DHW given
priority.

In the excitement of moving house, I hadn't given much thought to time
clock settings and left 24 hour operation selected. With the relatively
warm Winter weather I have realised that the boiler spends most of the
burn time on the lowest of the 5 available settings.

Does this matter? I can cheat by limiting the CH on periods to provide a
bigger load. Any thoughts?

Low burn is its most efficient mode.

Yes but:-)

24 hours in low burn at X% or say 5 hours at Y% flat out.

--
Tim Lamb