Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Workshop Uses for Garbage Disposal?

On Sunday, December 29, 2019 at 10:14:04 AM UTC-5, Aaron Perkins wrote:
replying to Leon, Aaron Perkins wrote:
The motor can be separated from the disposal side if water made it into the
motor it would certainly short out. So I believe water is not needed to run
motor. I have yet to see a electrical motor unsealed needing water to run it.

First, you are replying to something that was posted over a decade ago.

Second, you misunderstood Leon's post. He did not say that the motor
needed water to run it, he said "most come with instructions to not run
the motor unless the water is running."

Similar to the motor in a car, it doesn't need water to run, but it sure
does like something to keep it cool, thus *keeping* it running.