Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Another Dyson question...

On 29/12/2019 16:47, Adrian Brentnall wrote:
HI Folks

I've ended up with the ex-house Dyson DC44 for workshop use.
We gave up trying to fix the darn thing, and bought a new one for 'posh'
indoors use...

It's a bit like Trigger's broom - and has, so far, had a new battery and
a new body. The only thing that's original is the mains adapter/charger..

Symptoms - the thing simply doesn't charge...

Plug it into the cradle, leave is as long as you like.
Remove it from the cradle, pull trigger, it runs for maybe half a second
and then stops..

Battery charger has volts on the plug - 20-ish from memory..
but I don't know if it's capable of putting charge into the battery...?

I've a replacement charger on order from eBay - but does anybody know
exactly what's inside the battery charger. Is it dumb or smart?

Wouldn't want to plug a.n.other source of volts into the Dyson and fry
the battery...

So- anybody been inside one of the Dyson chargers and can report back on
the innards? It seems to be one of those things that's not 'unscrewable'
- and I'm on strict instructions from the lady of the house not to try
swapping bits between the new 'working' Dyson and the old 'dodgy' Dyson,
for fear of screwing them both up!

Thanks

Assuming a suitable level of compatibility you could try charging the
old machine on the new machine's charger. Or would that be deemed to be
"swapping bits"?
--
Cheers,
Roger