Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Marquis Saint Evremonde[_2_] The Marquis Saint Evremonde[_2_] is offline

Default New Boiler - Recomendations

John Rumm posted
On 28/12/2019 17:16, The Marquis Saint Evremonde wrote:
T i m posted
Talking to a heating engineer the other day he didn't seem to be too
impressed with Vaillant.

Nor am I. We had one installed a few months ago and it is bloody
awful. The software appears to be rigged to make the thing heat the
place up as slowly as possible, and no amount of fiddling with the
settings will remedy it.

In which case, it sounds like the installer has not set it up
correctly. There is no reason it should take any longer to heat the
place than any other boiler of comparable power.

Only that the design makes it do so, apparently regardless of any of the
d-register settings. A bit of googling shows that this is a very common
complaint about Ecotec 600 series models.

--
Evremonde