Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default Mattress Help

On 28/12/2019 17:45, Pancho wrote:
On 27/12/2019 21:30, GB wrote:
Probably not at all shove a bit of hardboard over them grin.
Â* Brian

Which? recommend 3 Ikea mattresses, all v cheap. I assume you won't
want to spend a fortune on a spare bed. These are Ikea, Malfors,
Harmavik, and Morgedal.

I have an embarrassing tale to tell of the Morgedal. We tried one of
those, but it was incredibly hard, and we sent it back to Ikea. It was
only as I was attempting to wrap it up that I discovered that we had
had it upside down! What should have been the top was much softer than
the side we were lying on. The very very firm base was probably
designed to be absolutely fine on bars or slats spaced six inches apart.

Yeah, I've got one of those. it is hard to tell which side is up. I
couldn't find IKEA instructions.

One side is completely smooth. I figured that that must be the side for
lying on.

Mine has 1 cm wide channels cut out across the top of the of the foam,
width wise. The cut outs across the middle of the bed are a lot deeper.
Also the cut outs across the head and foot of the mattress are slightly
deeper. I figured this was the top side and is designed to make the
mattress softer in those areas, i.e. bum and shoulders.