Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default New Boiler - Recomendations

On 28/12/2019 17:16, The Marquis Saint Evremonde wrote:
T i m posted
On Sat, 28 Dec 2019 14:41:00 +0000, Another Dave
wrote:

On 28/12/19 14:28, David Wade wrote:

Does any one have an Ideal Boiler and if so what do they think of them?

It's not a combi, so may not be relevant, but I've got an Ideal ICOS. It
was in the house when I bought it 13 years ago and, apart from a new
igniter and occasional service, has been flawless.

Talking to a heating engineer the other day he didn't seem to be too
impressed with Vaillant.

Nor am I. We had one installed a few months ago and it is bloody awful.
The software appears to be rigged to make the thing heat the place up as
slowly as possible, and no amount of fiddling with the settings will
remedy it.

In which case, it sounds like the installer has not set it up correctly.
There is no reason it should take any longer to heat the place than any
other boiler of comparable power.

--
Cheers,

John.