Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Watch this: video Amazon energy saving

Clearly you do not understand what I am writing, as clearly you conflate increasing use of solar panels with that increase being cost-effective and efficient. Without subsidies, Solar Panels are neither. There are installations in Canada that are producing power at C$0.80 per KWH - when Hydro-Quebec is making power at C$0.07 per KWH. Why? Because Solar is a feel-good option that is visible and impressive, while giving the illusion of being pollution-free - which it also is not.

Rather than spouting garbage and displaying your ignorance, why not investigate the actual costs of a Utility-Scale solar installation - which includes:

Panels.
Mounting Systems.
Grid-Tie Inverter Systems.
Step-up transformers.
Land.

Include the cost of raw materials, production, transportation, and ultimate disposal of all of the above, and the restoration of the underlying land to some useful condition.

You will begin to see *why* C$0.80 is a relative bargain based on a 20-year lifespan. And that rate is being subsidized by the Canadian taxpayers.

The situation is no better here in the US, but I am absolutely certain about the Canadian numbers as I had a direct hand in the construction of three Utility-Scale plants in Canada. And where I learned all about the ripping off of the taxpayers and the politics involved. I left that company in short order upon gaining that knowledge.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA