Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default New Boiler - Recomendations

On Sat, 28 Dec 2019 17:16:46 +0000, The Marquis Saint Evremonde
wrote:

T i m posted
On Sat, 28 Dec 2019 14:41:00 +0000, Another Dave
wrote:

On 28/12/19 14:28, David Wade wrote:

Does any one have an Ideal Boiler and if so what do they think of them?

It's not a combi, so may not be relevant, but I've got an Ideal ICOS. It
was in the house when I bought it 13 years ago and, apart from a new
igniter and occasional service, has been flawless.

Talking to a heating engineer the other day he didn't seem to be too
impressed with Vaillant.

Nor am I.

The worst thing in this case is he suggested he is a Vaillant
registered installer or whatever (I don't know him, it was just in
passing so ...) but I think has just got fed up with all the follow
up work with them.

We had one installed a few months ago and it is bloody awful.
The software appears to be rigged to make the thing heat the place up as
slowly as possible, and no amount of fiddling with the settings will
remedy it.

Assuming it's on full, should it just stay like that till close to the
target temperature? Or do they do this thing where they 'learn' and
say actually turn on later because they know they can be up to temp in
time (even if that can't in reality)? [1]

Mind you this probably doesn't affect the OP as he only needs a small
combi, but it does affect me.

It might if there is any crossover on the software across models?

Cheers, T i m

[1] We still have a couple of 'smart' storage rads here that wait till
the end of the E7 period before re-charging and determining that
charge on their existing internal temperature compared with that of
the room. Seemed to work fairly well, allowing for dramatic changes in
the outside temperature (especially it getting colder).