Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default DVD player

On Fri, 27 Dec 2019 23:11:41 +0000, Tim Lamb
wrote:

In message , T i m
writes
On Fri, 27 Dec 2019 20:02:37 +0000, Tim Lamb
wrote:

snip

£35 for a SCART or HDMI equipped basic player.

OK. TV has both.

I believe we still have a SCART interfaced and lightly used DVD player
(and remote) that we 'upgraded' when stepdaughter was in the hospice
in March. Daughter wanted to watch a particular DVD with her in there
(whilst she still could, all be it still in bursts) and the quickest
way to get round the PAT testing was to bring in a new one and the
room TV was HDMI only.

It's yours (inc free delivery) if 1) you want it and 2) I can find
both it and the remote. ;-)

OK Tim. I'll hold off buying a replacement as I can use Angela's for the
time being.

Ok. I'll hunt it down. ;-)

I planned to ask you about W10 for her old laptop. I thought it was W8
but the label says Windows 7 home prem OA (HP ProBook 4520s)

Assuming it will run W10, or run it sufficiently (without drivers for
things Angela may not use, like (say) the webcam or card reader) then
it should authenticate and upgrade to W10 Home in situ (I understand
from here). Alternatively, we could upgrade the hdd to a SSD, do a
fresh install of W10, and then migrate any data back from the W7 drive
(with it in an external USB caddy, I have some new ones here), subject
to whatever programs she has / needs etc.

The spare glass fibre stuff is boxed up waiting:-) Once Christmas is out
of the way.....

Cheers, no rush on that (other than getting it out of your way) as the
heavy duty membrane seems to be holding for now and I'll not be going
up there till it's predictably warmer and dryer. ;-)

Cheers, T i m