Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) is offline

Default Using Dab'FM Radio Abroad

No I don't think they have. They do have some weird thing they broadcast
along with fm which I think they have in some parts of the states though. I
don't think any UK radio will allow them to be heard in anything but fm.
If they are interested in short waves, there do seem to be more stations
using digital modes, either DRM O mondial. Don't know. I'd have thought the
best bet if they have Internet access was an Amazon Echo dot booked on
either a us or uk account.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"charles" wrote in message
In article ,
Arthur Ravenscroft wrote:
On Friday, 27 December 2019 12:08:23 UTC, newshound wrote:
On 27/12/2019 12:03, Arthur Ravenscroft wrote:
My wife wants to give a DAB/FM radio to relatives abroad. The voltage
is ok at 220/230 but it was made for the UK market where we have a
50Hz supply. Will it be safe to use on a 60Hz circuit?

Thanks.

Arthur.

Where abroad?

60 Hz should be OK but IIRC DAB standards vary

Philippines.

Wikipedia doesn't show a DAB service there

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England