Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default Hand held Dyson oddity continues

Pamela wrote:
On 17:03 27 Dec 2019, Tim+ wrote:

Well, one of the more plausible explanations for my Dysons odd
behaviour (namely dying within seconds of coming off charge but being
€śrestored€ť to normal running duration by recharging for just 5 seconds
back on the charger) was that poor connection between the battery and
the handset might be the problem.

Well I removed the battery, cleaned the contacts and crossed my fingers
but its made no difference. Im really puzzled by this behaviour. I
did wonder if it was just €śpretending€ť to have recovered so having
vacuumed the hearth, I carried on with the sitting room, the hall and
then the stairs. By then I was getting bored but it seems to have plenty
of capacity.

I dont really buy the €śdead/dying cell€ť theory or the €ślow charger
voltage€ť theory as I cant see how either of these could cause this odd
behaviour.

Seems to be that the €śbattery charge management€ť chip is getting its
knickers in a twist and cutting the battery off at too high a voltage

and is getting €śreset€ť when I put it back on charge.

Does this sound plausible? Anyhow, as long as I can easily restart it
its not a huge problem but it is curious.

Tim

How long does the Dyson work for after you have give the battery a 5
second charge?

Long enough to vacuum the hearth, the sitting room, the hall and the
stairs.

If it's long-ish then maybe the 5 second charge is resetting a trip switch
in the battery management.

Bravo! Youve managed to repeat what I said. Got anything new to add
though?

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls