Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) is offline

Default OT Unwanted new gas meter and supply

I assume then they use gas?
The whole country is in the middle of a plastic pipe replacement. I notice
they push the plastic through the iron pipes. In my case as I had no gas, I
had them cap it at the street, as they too would have wanted to fit an
external meter, saying it was safer. I can sort of see that it may not be a
good idea to have a gas meter under the main staircase of a building!
However the manner of the job sounds somewhat lacking in care and finesse
from your description. Might be worth getting in a gas expert and seeing
what they say. With the routing of pipes being a hot topic since Grenfell,
I'd imagine it might be best to do it sooner rather than later.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"ARW" wrote in message
My parents has a visit on the 23rd and were told that they were having a
new gas meter fitted and that it must go outside. Work started
immediately.

I'll get some photos up in a couple of days and it's a total cows **** of
a job (pipework straight across the widow frame etc)

When my parents objected [1] about the work they were told "Either we do
it or we cut you off"

I presume they have some comeback over this. I'll also try and get details
of who actually did the work.

[1] And a police warning for my 75 year old Dad for using threatening
behaviour.

--
Adam