Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default 220 in sequence

On Thursday, December 26, 2019 at 11:06:23 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Im wiring some patio heaters for a buddy that require 220. Do I need to run a separate 220 for each heater & if so can I share any wires whether its the ground or neutral?

You just need a circuit with conductors and breaker appropriate for the total load. Since it's considered a fixed load, that would be 125% or
more than the actual load. Whether it makes sense, is practical to
put it all on one circuit or use more than one then depends on what
the actual loads are, how many, where they are in relation to the panel,
etc. Please don't take this the wrong way, but if you have to ask
this, you may want to reconsider doing it, especially for someone else.
Also, if it's the US, it's 240V.