Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default OT Unwanted new gas meter and supply

On 26/12/2019 12:31, Tricky Dicky wrote:
If its S. Yorkshire I would imagine it was Northern Gas Networks unless they sub- contracted to some set of cowboys. In any case NGN will be the people you need to complain to. The threatening behaviour is certainly out of order and cutting off a gas supply without good cause or threatening to do so is criminal and I do not think refusing to allow a gas meter to be changed is a a good cause. To me it seems unlike most utilities to arrive on a job without plenty of due notice and start on it immediately you usually have to wait months before they get round to it. Are they having gas mains in the street renewed? It could be sub-contractors on a bonus for convincing as many customers to have external meters fitted or trying to make more of a job of it to extract more money from the DNO.

BTW they also left a notice on the new meter saying that the gas was not
bonded:-)

--
Adam