Posted to uk.d-i-y
David David is offline

Default Multimeter thermometer probe and electric oven

I've finally got round to using the thermometer probe on my multimeter to
check the temperature in the oven.

The difference between the probe and the oven thermostat is so great that
I'm wondering how accurate the probe is.

Umm...updating as we get ready to cook....the probe was hanging down near
the door and reading low. I moved it to be more central (draped over the
rack) and now it is reading higher, but I'm not sure if it is reading the
overall temperature or the air flow from the fan.

So where in the oven should the probe be?

Confused as usual.

Cheers

Dave R