Posted to uk.d-i-y
Simon Mason[_3_] Simon Mason[_3_] is offline

Default Acer Aspire S7 dead touchpad

On Thursday, December 26, 2019 at 1:12:39 AM UTC, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

I was just drying the touchpad with a paper cloth and it started working again!

I've acquired a car with touch sensitive courtesy lights in the front.
Trouble is they kept flashing on and off while driving. I wiped them
with a tissue, and now they dont.
No idea why. And I am supposed to understand elecronics....

It has happened three times before when I sprayed the keyboard with glass cleaner and wiped it. It disabled the mousepad for several days before curing itself.