Posted to uk.d-i-y
%[_13_] %[_13_] is offline

Default Odd Dyson fault

"Tim Streater" wrote in message
.. .
In article , Chris Green
wrote:

Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Pamela
wrote:

On 18:50 24 Dec 2019, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Pamela
wrote:
Shame to see mobile phones designed to be almost as disposable as Bic
Biros.

Personally I think Biros are more useful.

Holding out against mobile phones is getting rare. I was a late adopter
but eventually sold my privacy in exchange for utility, in the usual
Faustian pact with Google.
Oldies have been rapidly catching up with youngsters:
http://www.statista.com/statistics/3...-the-uk-by-age

I struggle to find things to do with my iPhone. I removed mail and
twitter from it, and while I use WhatsApp, I just just as well not.

The clamshell I used before was perfectly adequate.

I've mved nack to a 'feature phone' after having a series of Android
smartphones, I find it *much* handier in many ways:-

It runs for several days on one charge

It has real buttons to press, in particular for answering a call

It's very robust, no big screen to break (and I did break the
glass on one of my Moto phones)

It's not worth much and not attractive so is unlikely to be stolen

... and it *does* have 4G and WiFi calling.

+1 to all this.

Meanwhile I think I shall have to turn off the fingerprint business on
the iPhone, it doesn't work half the time.

Then you need to get to get it fixed, mine works
perfectly every time unless I have wet fingers
and leaves entering secure passcodes for dead.