Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default A thoughtful viewpoint from an Australian........ gun nuts won'tbe interested of course

On Tuesday, December 24, 2019 at 10:08:34 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Tue, 24 Dec 2019 07:42:16 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

On Monday, December 23, 2019 at 11:31:55 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Mon, 23 Dec 2019 04:33:54 -0300, Shadow wrote:

On Sun, 22 Dec 2019 19:54:50 -0500, wrote:

How do you stop private sales?

Of guns?
Easy. Mandatory 5 year jail for anyone that sells a gun
without informing the police beforehand, so they can do a background
check on both buyer and seller.
People would thing once (not twice) before selling a gun for
200 dollars illegally. If they needed to think twice they probably
shouldn't have had a gun in the first place.
It's just a simple matter of amending the Constitution. It's
been done before, I believe.
[]'s

Yeah that threat of jail has done such a great job in the drug war. We
just ended up with about a million people in prison for drug offenses

I see. So you're now saying that the typical American gun owner
is about the same as a drug dealer, therefore they will not comply
with new gun laws. Got it. Funny, previously I thought they were
honest, law abiding Americans, that just insist that guns be sold
over the counter like beer and cigarettes, so you can buy one on
the spur of the moment, no time for a permit process with a background
check by the local police.

Again you read what you want and not what is written. We were talking
about criminals and mass shooters getting guns and it is clear, if
they want a deadly weapon they will get one, whether it is a gun, a
knife or a Ryder rental truck full of fertilizer with a spritz of
diesel fuel.

Sure, some will. But when we have 25 dead, I want to know that we had
reasonable measures in place, a permit process, so that they could not
go buy a gun LEGALLY, like they do beer. Again, this is like saying that
because some drunks will drive drunk no matter what, we should just throw
up our hands and not take reasonable steps, steps that have worked, to
reduce deaths from DWI.