Dan O.

Default Microwave broken, repair or replace

Hi Mike,
That model has a 5 year warranty on the magnitron.
Part is covered, labor is not. 9 out of 10 that I have
serviced had bad magnitrons. GE has been fixing
them at a reduced labor rate due to too many
having a premature failure

oo Mike oo wrote

Thanks everyone for the valuable input! When I had
browsed at new ones in the store they listed a 1 year
manuf. warranty on the info card, no mention that I
noticed of 5 year magnetron wty. So you guys really
helped out, I would have just assumed that nothing
was covered under warranty,

and GE did not offer that info when calling for service.

The tech would likely have mentioned it when he found what the problem
was.

It was indeed the magnetron and it was covered
under the 5 year warranty. Cost was $75 for labor
to fix it.

Glad to hear you got it fixed up. Thanks for the follow up.

Dan O.
-
Appliance411.com
http://ng.Appliance411.com/?ref411=+GE+microwave