Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Moss on roof

On 23/12/2019 00:55, Fredxx wrote:
On 22/12/2019 21:10:08, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Fredxx wrote:
On 22/12/2019 19:34:30, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Caecilius wrote:
On Sun, 22 Dec 2019 17:28:28 -0000, "Mr Pounder Esquire"
wrote:

Bungalow, back end south facing. I was unhappily on the roof about
5 years ago scrapping and brushing the moss off. The tiles are very
rough and are like steel.
I'd read that stringing a length of copper wire over the ridge
kills moss, so I did it. The moss returned on the back end of the
roof, never mind and ******** to it, I'm not going up there again.
Since Autumn chunks of moss have been falling down almost every
day. Maybe the copper wire takes time to work?

The best thing I've found for killing moss is benzalkonium chloride.
It's the active ingrident in most patio and decking treatments, but
is available much more cheaply as "BAC 50".

I buy 5 litres each year, which is enough to treat my drive at
patio. I've not tried it on my roof yet though.

No moss on the drive. I'm too bloody old to climb back on that roof
again.

A decent spray might get far enough

Maybe next year if I'm still around. I would have thought the sun
would have
killed the moss. The north facing roof is fine.

They say the good die young, you should live forever! :-)

Too long for my liking.

**** the Christmas Cheer.
--
Adam