Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Odd Dyson fault

On Tue, 24 Dec 2019 16:08:08 +0000, Scott
wrote:

On Mon, 23 Dec 2019 19:36:46 +0000, T i m wrote:

On Mon, 23 Dec 2019 15:09:26 +0000, Scott
wrote:

Mine keeps stopping and starting. I assumed it was an obstruction but
I cannot see any. I cleaned the filter recently. It only seems to
happen on the high power setting. Any ideas.

If you mean stopping and starting on a 1 second or so duty cycle,
that's what the one (V8 Animal) our daughter bought us and has since
borrowed back. ;-)

Exactly that.

I showed her how to wash clean the main filter when it started doing
as I mention above as it ran ok without it.

Which is the mail filter?

MaiN.

Is it the one at the top or the one at the
back?

Top, but we are talking of a V8 Animal (I think, it's not here) and
AFAIK, it's only got one filter.

However, after washing and
drying the filter she said it was still doing the same so when up
there last I took the canister off, and there was quite a bit of hair
between the main intake and the canister ports. Cleared them out and
now it's running fine again.

How do you take the canister off?

On ours it's just a slight twist whilst actioning the dump flap lever
but yours might be different.

Cheers, T i m